Author Topic: 99 2.8TD Rocky SE  (Read 1061 times)

Chimi

99 2.8TD Rocky SE
« on: February 18, 2009, 12:57:41 PM »
Hello all, I live in Panama and have come across a 1999 Rocky SE 2.8TurboDiesel with 55,000kms. The owner tells me the vehicle was first used on 2004. The vehicle seems to be in very good condition, the engine seems fine, no visible leaks and underneath there is a leak in the transfer/front diff that the owner thinks is just the screw being poorly tightened. Also when driving and pressing the clutch some motion is felt in the engine bay dont know if could be loose motor or tranny mounts. The temp needle when driving it was almost in the middle (a bit to the left side), is this the normal operating temp?

The 4x4 appears to be working properly as i got 4H and 4L in although one of the hubs is a bit hard to move, however dont know how to truly test it on asphalt. In any case I would truly appreciate hearing your opinions and tips on what to look for. And experiences of owners. Also an approximate value on what this car would be worth in your markets (even thou im in central america, just for reference).

Best Regards

coreylewis3791

Re:99 2.8TD Rocky SE
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 08:59:36 PM »
Well if it has manual locking hubs all u have to do is take the cover for the hub off and grease the parts inside of it takes about 15 min.