Author Topic: Replacement headlights?  (Read 1596 times)

C Minus

Replacement headlights?
« on: February 01, 2009, 11:09:13 AM »
Can anyone lend a hand here?  Having some difficulty finding replacement headlight model/part #\'s.

I would really like to find out what sealed beam headlights will work so I can cross refrence the part # to a more common vehicle and search for glass housings so I can use a much brighter bulb instead of the wimpy halogens in the sealed beam versions.  I have an out headlight and figure this is as good a time as any to replace both.

So far I have found a Wagner H6054 seems to work.  This also seems to work on about all Toyota 4 Runners.  Can anyone help verify?

Thanks in advance.

Bouma

Re:Replacement headlights?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 10:31:26 AM »
Sorry, I have no definate info but the lights in my Rocky appear to be the same as those in my 93 Ranger. The Rocky is in WA. and the Ranger is in Baja thus my inability to confirm. I think if you measure them they will be a common size (like 4\" X 6\" sealbeam). If in fact they are common sized you should be able to check a catalog at your local autoparts store for a very compleat list (interchange) of cars using that bulb.

coreylewis3791

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 06:55:56 PM »
they are 2B sealed beam i had the same problem but i took it into autozone and they were the same size and everything

C Minus

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 12:43:56 PM »
2b sealed beam?  Can you shoot me a link online.

I want to get a non sealed housing and use a brighter higher lumens light.  The sealed bums stink for output.

I think its the same light as most all the 4 runners from what I can tell.

coreylewis3791

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 09:30:42 PM »
well when they ran it through the parts store computer it came up as a light bulb itself but I was like ok problem they are sealed beamed so I had to size them up myself but maybe some of the new forza or rockys have newer headlights you might could do a conversion?

C Minus

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 10:14:44 AM »
For those wondering the replacement headlights are a Wagner H6054.  H=Halogen.  I went w/ a H6054BL BL= Bright Light.  55 watts low beam and a crisp clear whiter light than your standard Halogen.

They are glass housing sealed beam lights.  $16 per side.  Much better than what was on there.  

This also means that you can buy just the glass housings.  Any older Toyota 4 runner lights will work. There is a guy on Ebay selling glass housings for the 4 Runner for $25 per side.  Then you can run any of the aftermarket bulbs your heart desires.  I opted for the $32 dollar route vs. the $50 for housings then another $25 for bulbs route.

Maybe this should get put into the tech section?  It took a little digging but I am sure I am not the first person to wonder about new headlights.