Author Topic: ARCHIVE: WTB: rear seat belts for bi folding rear seat  (Read 1220 times)

Offline one4worldpeace

ARCHIVE: WTB: rear seat belts for bi folding rear seat
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:55:25 AM »
wanted to buy rear seat belts for the split rear seat as I have the seat to swap for my bench but it seems the buckles are different sizes...
I am in Queensland....and willing to pay postage
The city needs a car like a fish needs a bicycle.

Bobcat

Re: WTB: rear seat belts for bi folding rear seat
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 07:50:35 AM »
I have done the same thing in changing to the split seats and found that I have the same problem.
When I investigated a little further I found that the rear belts from the 89 Charade that I bought for parts has belts that have the narrow buckle tongues and they fit quite OK.
I will check the 93 Charade that I have here tomorrow to see if they are the same as the 89 model and let you know I will also take a photo of them mounted in the Feroza.
I have located a bearing for the Feroza pilot bearing at Bearing services at Wyong but they should be available almost any where.
Burson\'s part number is 6011
Bearing services part number is 6001   (NOT A TYPE MISTAKE)
The bearing that I bought is numbered 6902.2RS and the dimensions are 15 x 28 x 7 all in millmetres and cost was $7.26 each
The space in the rear of the crankshaft is 15 mm deep so it will accommodate two of these bearings if you so desire to do it this way

Offline roza31

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 09:42:17 AM »
@ bobcat - out of interest would the applause front buckles fit the feroza\'s front belts or are they different?

Bobcat

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 07:41:12 AM »
Hi there Roza
To answer your question RE seat belts
-----
@ bobcat - out of interest would the applause front buckles fit the feroza\'s front belts or are they different?
-----

I am guessing that by “buckles” you mean the anchor bolted to the floor that you clip the seat belt in to.
If your belts have the narrow tongue yes they will fit together correctly if they are the same as a Charade.
I have no idea if the Charade and the Applause are the same but they should be and they should have the narrow tongue.
My 89 Feroza with a single rear seat has the wider tongue and they do not fit as I found out when I changed the seats to single seats and I did not pick up the seat belts out of the wrecked car
Bobcat

Bobcat

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 07:44:09 AM »
Please read my reply to Roza re seat belts.
I have the rear belts from the 93 Charade but they are slightly different to the 89 model but will fit the same as the 89 model

Offline roza31

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 09:42:21 AM »
Thanks bobcat, yeah, that\'s what I meant by buckles.

Offline one4worldpeace

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 04:05:42 AM »
how much do you want for the belts bobcat???
The city needs a car like a fish needs a bicycle.