Author Topic: Gday from Far North Queensland and brake question.  (Read 219 times)

Offline skamme

Gday from Far North Queensland and brake question.
« on: March 24, 2019, 04:38:03 PM »
Gday all. Joined up a few weeks back when I got hold of a 93 Feroza 11 for one of my daughters first cars. Needed some info quickly and found the service manuals helpful. God a rig with low ks on the clock for a decent price. Has some issues, most of them sorted now.
Brakes had probably never had fluid changed. MC took a set of seals, from calipers were pretty much seized. Then cleanup up ok and took a set of rubbers. Rear slaves replaced. I still have a bit of an odd pull to the right/sort of strange brake when stopping hard. Car pulls a bit to the right but twists right and back right locks up first every time. All adjusted and suspension seems ok, ball joints etc dont appear to be worn, and allignment is good. Wondering if it could be the P and B (proportioning and Balance) valve but not much infor available on them and not available as a replacement unit here is australia that I can find. Anyone with experience?? Cheers. I will post this in the brake section:))

Offline brushhippie

• Administrator
Re: Gday from Far North Queensland and brake question.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 04:55:12 AM »
Man...I do not remember a single brake issue thread...I have had issues on other vehicles with self adjusters being a bit over active where I finally removed them but nothing on the Rocky.

Offline Gonzo_Descente

• Global Moderator
Re: Gday from Far North Queensland and brake question.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 08:30:11 AM »
Have youi lubricated any of the mechanisms?  I put a tiny spot of grease on all the wear points, always careful to not leave too much.  Is the star wheel for the automatic adjuster worn?