Author Topic: Interesting Alternator ideas  (Read 3003 times)

Offline utherjorge

• Global Moderator
Interesting Alternator ideas
« on: July 19, 2018, 05:38:18 AM »
I'm gathering info, but anyone reading this likely knows about the alt swap (stock engine, of course) using an Isuzu/Geo 85-amp. There was also a user here who swapped in an 85amp from a Toyota Mr2.

One concern mentioned with the Isuzu alt was bearing failure. That user has gone dark and I don't know if this happened over and over again.

One user on the BookFace DROG site has swapped in a 100-amp alt. It's been less than a month, so he doesn't know how well it will hold up, and he's reluctant to share yet as a result. More info coming. He did say he thinks it would not fit with a power steering unit.

One user on the Australia Feroza site has swapped in a 100-amp Land Cruiser alt, and has her rig fully loaded for bear. It seems to be using every bit of the 100-amps, and she DOES have power steering, and has no problems. I believe she's about to join here, too...more info coming. Keep watching! :)

Offline brushhippie

• Administrator
Re: Interesting Alternator ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 12:30:16 PM »
Sweet great info! I think we have her taken care of!

Offline utherjorge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 03:42:59 PM »
Thanks, buddy. Shes the one with the Landie alt.

Offline sata

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 06:47:55 AM »
There was an user from Costa Rica -if I remember correctly- who made a swap with s BOSCH 90amps or so a few years back

Offline utherjorge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 08:08:20 PM »
I believe that's lioncubb, and he was in Puerto Rico, I believe...and I've made contact with him from time to time on Book Face.