Author Topic: 1989 Rocky F75 DL-51 Build Thread  (Read 2559 times)

Offline brushhippie

• Administrator
Re: 1989 Rocky F75 DL-51 Build Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2018, 01:37:02 PM »
Do you mean the second groove inside the CV joint BH?  Mine got damaged as someone else showed me how its done. Basically smashed it off with a big sledgehammer.  The correct way is apparently to cut around the old CV with an angle grinder, them remove the snap ring so you dont damage the groove on that end of the axle. I was thinking of replacing the axle too, but mine wasnt too bad really and I couldnt find another Rocky axle in the time I wanted to finish the job off.
I am sorry rusty I was still on the inclinometer..the little plastic tab is broken off in the groove on the globe...only way I can think of to fix it is to split the outter  housing...have not pulled that off yet. lol
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 01:38:37 PM by brushhippie »

Offline Rusty

Re: 1989 Rocky F75 DL-51 Build Thread
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2018, 06:08:55 PM »
BH, please have a look at the link I pasted above for the inclinometer, mine has the same problem and this fix looks fairly easy. When I use the link on a pc, the photos are there, but when I use the iPad, they aren’t lol.

Thanks UJ, I still have a bit more to add as I’ve finished the brakes now, added some led lighting inside and done a steering column repair.  Also yesterday I took it back to have the spring noises looked at and we found a couple of things that would be causing the noise - its much easier to see stuff when its on a hoist... I’ll post some pics and words soon.