Author Topic: ARCHIVE: California Emissions  (Read 2832 times)

sorennelson

ARCHIVE: California Emissions
« on: March 02, 2008, 12:58:43 AM »
Ok, so I love my rocky, but the stock exhaust makes that whistle that you can only enjoy soo much. Has anyone here been able to put aftermarket pipes on their rocky, and still have it pass emmisions in california? Ex: MRT exhaust system(Performance headers, 2\" pipe, and 2\" muffler) including the Catylst.

-Soren
Vacaville, Ca
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:27:56 PM by utherjorge »

sorennelson

Re:California Emmisions
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 01:08:09 AM »
Also, The mess of an air cleaner that Daihatsu put in my rocky, can I take that out too? Replace with, K&N ram air?

malodin

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 03:04:56 PM »
i dont know about cali, but i put a k/n on my geo tracker without any other mods and it still passed emissions....as for the exhaust as long as you have a catyletic converter in it i would imagine it would still pass just fine.

jonfen

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 08:23:43 AM »
I bought the MRT exhaust (photos), and I love it.  The sound is nice and deep, but I live in Utah, so I am not sure about the emissions.

As for the \"mess of air filter ducts\" they actually rival what you find on mining equipment in high dust environments, so they serve a purpose.

Also, if you take them out and put a K&N in, people say there is a high pitched wine from that too.  You also eliminate your chance of doing water crossing -- which may or may not be an issue.