Author Topic: Welcome aboard GregMN  (Read 586 times)

Offline brushhippie

• Administrator
Welcome aboard GregMN
« on: February 03, 2018, 07:46:09 AM »
Hey Guys we have a new member help me welcome  GregMN...Tell us a little about where you are from and you rig! YoAdrianne can help you with new and used parts if you are in need send him a message!

Offline GregMN

Re: Welcome aboard GregMN
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 11:32:35 AM »
It's more like welcome back aboard.  When I visited, after a long time, I was no longer able to log in, so I set up a new account with my old ID "GregMN".  I had an album in the General Discussions folder from 03/06/12 that had a link to a picasa page.  Picasa is gone, so here is a link to a google photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/LeT1s0DioZIJFr8G2

My Rocky is kept at a house in AZ.  Last visit I had a fuel failure.  The fuel pump was always loud.  Then it got quieter, then the engine stopped.  I have a new pump and I will be visiting it in a couple of weeks to replace it.  I understand that there should be a cone filter in the fuel line before the pump.  I was thinking of replacing it with a universal, clear body, inline filter.  Any thoughts on that ?

I would like to replace the seats.  Are there any bolt-in options that I might find in a junk yard ?

Thanks,
Greg

Offline utherjorge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 07:01:03 PM »
I saw someone in one of the Facebook sites that did the clear filter. I think they kept getting a clogged line, and the clear one could be emptied very fast. Turns out their tank was crazy rusted inside and that's what was doing it.

I just bought seats from Summit and have a plan to get them in. No...nothing bolt in, and the seat mounts in there make it hard to align something and still fit. In short, I'm going to use 2x4 steel as a mount, parallel to the door sills, but in such a way that I don't have to cut off the existing mounts.

Then, plate steel front and back with some sort of gusset to strengthen it. Need to drill holes through the 2x4s in a couple of spots to both bolt the assembly down, as well as to run the power cables through the mount, too. This is the plan, but I couldn't give you any dimensions yet until I get the seats. I had planned on doing it with old seats out of a 93 Civic, but jeebus, if I'm going to do all this, I might as well get new buckets.

Offline Gonzo_Descente

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 08:13:24 AM »
Welcome!