Author Topic: G'day to all the old faces and hey to all the newbies  (Read 1497 times)

Offline roza31

G'day to all the old faces and hey to all the newbies
« on: January 06, 2018, 05:42:14 AM »
Haven't been here for a looong time so a big hi to all the ol' boys and hope y'all (I believe that's Amereecan for "you all" :-D) are doing well.
Seems a bit quieter now than it used to be, I guess Farcebook stole a lot of the punters which is a shame as you can't search through old threads for information so the same questions are constantly being asked, "What are the biggest tyres I can put on my Rocky/Fez/Sporty?", "How do I get more power?", etc ad nauseam.
Not intended as criticism to Admin, it's great that someone still takes on the thankless task of running the site, but what has happened to WARFS? Where are the awesome data bases that members and admin had worked so hard to compile, specifically the links for manuals and the great Parts List? I'm trying to source a cooler than standard oil filler cap and wanted to know dimensions, iirc the older models had a finer screw thread than the later models and I'd like to know dimensions to look for. Anyone?
In further news ..... the Burro is still under development and much has happened since my last YouTube post.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LaT2tJv-3K4

Hopefully I'll get a chance to make an updated vid soon. Recently replaced the factory exhaust with an MRT 2" straight through, no cat. Omg, it's loud, too loud so I'm planning on putting in a resonator (hotdog), that should tone things down a bit and knock out some of the drone.
Anyways, look forward to hearing from y'all,
Tim

Offline brushhippie

• Administrator
Re: G'day to all the old faces and hey to all the newbies
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 06:10:50 AM »
All still here minus the pics from thousands of pics no longer linked by photobucket or the like...since it slowed down so much we had to require a five buck fee to access the manuals as everyone comes here downloads the manuals and leaves...no one supports it or comes around...I had that guy McGuire send me an email last week giving me shit about him not being able to go see his build thread..I guess he did not remember how all the "regular" members quit coming after John quit...and once again...dude tried for months to get one of those guys to take over but NOBODY wanted to do it...so yea it sucks...and yea facelessbook has taken alot of our members..but that is ok...they are not coming here to get the manuals anymore...unless they support this site.

Offline utherjorge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 02:54:39 PM »
Hey, man, I was in as a supporter. If you need help running the could, I could help.

I did post a general question about pics, as McGuires were the ones I was looking for, and the links appear active, but are dead

Offline Wipsnide

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 02:14:20 AM »
 New guy, Wipsnide here.  Recent owner of a 90 Rocky.  Tore out carpet, took seats out, moving driver's seat back a couple inches, coated the floor, Durabak product.  Taking it in for a head gasket replacement when the seats are back in.  Arizona rust free, in pretty good shape mechanically.  Used as an RV tow vehicle.  I got the new bar with the Rocky & it has the tow light set up wired.  It also came with an extra driver's door & roof hatch.  Current door has a couple dents.  Playing the parts search game for future needs.  Got an instrument cluster & passenger door glass from Rocky Parts Northwest.  Don't care what happened on the site in the past, glad to be here now.  I gladly paid 70 bucks for a 2 volume set of printed manuals & contributed some $ to this site upon joining & will continue to do so.  Not overly techy, I'm an old guy so wouldn't be a whole lot of help there.  I understand the windshield gasket is hard to find, have a line on the glass.  Not an immediate concern, but we get some gravel flying around the roadways here in Az. & dings & cracks are common.  Any help on that would be welcomed.  Glad to be here, Thanks...

Offline brushhippie

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 05:55:27 AM »
Good to see ya and have you on board! I still have some running gear parts if you need anything.

Offline Gonzo_Descente

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 08:40:25 AM »
Welcome to the site and looking forward to your project progress.

Offline utherjorge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 01:22:41 PM »
I was told when my windshield was replaced last year that I had the last one in America. Don't know if it's true. But even then, no gasket to be found.

Offline Marine Airedale

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 05:52:23 PM »
Teach, last what in North America?  Seal, windshield, sacrificial virgin ... I must have lost something in the translation   :d030:
Lester, my friends call me 'Les'
Vehicle: 1992 Rocky SE

"Everything is better wrapped in bacon" "Are these for everyone" My lovely wife and best friend, many years before we were married.

Offline utherjorge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 06:00:53 PM »
Last windshield, so said my guy. A friend owns his own windshield autoglass company thingy, and he claimed I got the last one, a day before someone else called for one somewhere on the west coast. I got lucky!

Windshield gaskets? BUPKISSSSSS all day long