Author Topic: Interior Door Panel  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Pete

• Supporting Member
Interior Door Panel
« on: November 05, 2017, 12:10:28 PM »
Are there two different types of interior door panels used in the Rocky models?

I have a '92 SX and the top of the door panel is hard gray plastic which is deteriorating - presumably due to age and UV exposure.

Can I use other model door panels and just attach the lower trim from mine? 
Or is the upper portion (or the whole panel) unique to the SX?
Any other model (Feroza, FourTrack etc) same as the US Rocky SX?

Thanks for any inputs.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 08:02:57 AM by Pete »

Offline roza31

Re: Interior Door Panel
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 03:25:13 AM »
Hey buddy
The plastic trim above the door card came on the sx but the base models didn't have it nor the interior trim panels, just the bare interior door and roof metal. All years and models are the same body and doors etc so if you can find one it will fit. Pretty sure I have a spare one somewhere but I'm in Aus.
The USA Rocky (F300/F310) is also known as a Feroza in Aust and many other countries such as most of Europe and some South East Asian countries, this is its most common name. In the UK it's called a Sportrak. Rocky is only used for the USA versions however the Rocky name is used in most other countries but it's a completely different model being larger and powered by a 2.8 litre diesel many of which are turbo. Some older models of the Rocky had a 2 litre.
Hope this helps.

Offline brushhippie

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 06:12:28 AM »
..what ^ he said! I have one of the SX models and the door plastics above the door on the port side is missing...giant bummer!

Offline Pete

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 11:33:34 PM »
Thanks for the info!   
I've been searching for this piece, and a rear speaker cover, but no luck yet.

Offline roza31

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 06:08:30 AM »
Sorry, I've been crazy busy with work but I'll sde what I can come up with. I'd imagine postage from Aus to US would be nasty. Btw I turfed a rear soeaker cover a while back when I replaced the rear cards with checker plate, sorry bud.

Offline roza31

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 06:13:42 AM »
There's a dai wreckers not too far from me who'd have everything you guys would need but there's a guy in the US who has like 17 (?) Rockys but I can't think of his name atm (Jeff?), oneforworldpeace (Adam) knows so I'll quiz him next time we talk.

Offline brushhippie

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 11:20:42 AM »
That is Northwest something...but they do not have those items...he was the one told me they all burned up in the sun....and he knows noone who is making them..I was just going to sand it up good and use some kind of bed liner-ish something on mine...everything else has the plastic covers intact...including the passenger side!

Offline sata

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 05:42:09 AM »
Here in Argentina and also in Chile are many Ferozas in scrapyards, maybe you can purchase the interiors and get it shipped to your home .. worth a try I think

Offline utherjorge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 01:23:52 PM »
You guys in South America might be super helpful otherwise. Are the aftermarket parts sources down there? All I find is in Australia.

Offline Marine Airedale

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 05:49:18 PM »
Ditto to what utherjorge said.  You gents might be a great resource for those of us up North!

There are a few parts that are just plain not available in North America.
Lester, my friends call me 'Les'
Vehicle: 1992 Rocky SE

"Everything is better wrapped in bacon" "Are these for everyone" My lovely wife and best friend, many years before we were married.

Offline elscotto

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 06:21:40 AM »
I just got rid of mine and painted the newly exposed metal to match the car colour. Looks good and i dont really mis the pkastic.  Older rocky's never had the pkastic anyway.