Author Topic: A Little More Legroom  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Pete

• Supporting Member
A Little More Legroom
« on: November 02, 2017, 05:48:57 PM »
Hello all,
I searched, but didn't come up with the answer.
Has anyone modified the seat track or seat base to gain a little more legroom?  I just need to gain a couple of extra inches.  I'm hoping that when I take the seats out, I can just modify it myself. 
If you've done this before, please provide any pointers you can.
Thank you in advance.

Offline Gonzo_Descente

• Global Moderator
Re: A Little More Legroom
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 09:03:58 PM »
On most vehicles, one can reposition the base of the track.  There should be some room.

Offline Pete

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 02:29:21 PM »
Yes, I'll Just have to take it out and see what this one is like".
Thanks Gonzo.

Offline utherjorge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 06:21:06 AM »
The seat "tracks" in the US Feroza/Rocky (F300) are actually a part of the floor panel that the seats bolt into. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the seats in a Rocky simply slide onto a mount that's about a 45-degree angle already there.

If you don't mind building new mounts, you can fit anything.

I bought seats out of a '93 Civic to put in, but you need to essentially weld/bolt in a 4x4 tube to mount them to so you can close the door. The current junk seat that came with my Rocky is out of a Toyota, and you can't recline it or get the seat belt (easily) due to how it's mounted poorly, on its own seat tracks, adjacent to original Rocky mounts.

Offline Rusty

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 12:24:54 PM »
hi Pete,
I struggle for legroom in mine and recently, lnear the end of a 400km trip, I shuffled my bum back and hey presto, the seat lifted about 30mm and went back about 150mm...I was so surprised and now it was too far back (I’m 185cm) so I had to slide it forward a bit.  Its like a two stage seat.  I havent had it long and never knew it could do this, its an Auusie model 89 wagon.  It might be worth checking yours before you go modifying the seat as thats what I was thinking I’d have to do but now I definitely don’t!

Offline Sailor Phil

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 12:59:55 PM »
I extended my seat base mounts with some 25mm x 6mm x 120mm long steel flat bar. the front looked a bit like a long z and the rear almost doubled over it self .