Author Topic: Convertible or rear cover tonneau  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Texasmaker

Convertible or rear cover tonneau
« on: February 05, 2017, 11:08:03 AM »
Does anyone know where I can get a cover just for the rear?  The sunroof is easy enough to take off and put back on. The rear cover and back glass is more challenging to do on a regular basis. Hoping to find some type of cover just for the rear. Any ideas?

Shiftin Moods

Re: Convertible or rear cover tonneau
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 03:27:47 PM »
A local boat upholstery where I stay makes custom frames,supports, and vinyl wraps for his design. Possible you might have one where you stay with the same fab skills. Possibly could find a Geo Tracker or the older rear canvas Kia Sportage and modify the frame supports yourself to save some money. Depends on budget availability. If you have some ok fab skills and the vehicle's rear canvas above are somewhat close, I would buy it,makeshift it up(installed on truck),purchase some material to match the canvas frame,fab pieces to adapt to your application to make the new canvas work,remove cover and hard weld, then replace cover or buy a new one for a final touch.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 03:36:42 PM by Shiftin Moods »

Offline utherjorge

• Global Moderator
Re: Convertible or rear cover tonneau
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 06:19:59 AM »
Can anyone post up a picture of the convertible top so I see how it it set up? I may just have the Amish near me make one.