Author Topic: Supercharger help  (Read 2575 times)

parkerSporti

Supercharger help
« on: June 12, 2016, 02:08:57 AM »
Hello all.

So having successfully repairing my clutch problem (with help from this forum) I would like to ask some advise on supercharging the standard HDE engine.  We have virtually no tuning parts for the Sporti here in the uk so everything will need to be fabricated.  I got some info from a chap in Aus about charging with the AMR500 and it looks fairly simple but I'd like to know what kind of power this would give and also if there is an alternative that won't involve shopping a charger from Japan.  I'm looking at going down custom manifold/extractors but want to keep stock ECU at least to start with.  Any help, advice, pictures appreciated, trying to build the popularity of these great little jeeps here in the UK

Offline Gonzo_Descente

• Global Moderator
Re: Supercharger help
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 08:27:21 AM »
Automotive supercharging & turbocharging systems : a technical guide Author Humphries, John D.   PublisherMotorbooks International is a good primer and well written.  I found it in my local library.

Offline one4worldpeace

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 10:05:03 PM »
I have supercharged my Feroza (Australian Sportrak) using a sc14 supercharger and standard ecu.. internals/ head gasket but only running low boost.. ..  I do have the slightly higher compression detomaso charade engine too.  seems fine thus far.. I will have to do a write up soon.. I have been away from the warfs world for a long time...
The city needs a car like a fish needs a bicycle.

parkerSporti

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 03:32:38 AM »
A write up would be great, I can get an SC14 for about £250 but I was worried it would be to much for the standard engine.  Any info you can share would be great as I would like to get going on this project ASAP.  Do you have any photos you could share and maybe a parts list?

Offline MrEyeMonk

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 05:11:24 PM »
I found a build project thread on another forum with a SC14 and a few videos - might help...

http://www.daiforum.net/index.php?/topic/2395-my-feroza-widetrack-project/

Offline sid_253

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 02:48:36 AM »
I too am going down the AMR500 supercharger route and am only looking to get up to 5PSI boost as I have heard that that is the limit for the standard ECU and injectors and am not wanting to upgrade ecu and injectors for a little more power.
  I am fabricating a mounting bracket that attaches to the air con compressor mounting bolts with the charger above it so I can fit a longer 4PK belt and use on original 5PK drive pullies for aircon/p/steering so I can go back to normally aspirated by fitting original belt if needed.
Just wondering if anyone that has supercharged their Fez has moved the throttle body to before the supercharger to keep vacuum in all the lines attached to it- or will it work fine where is.
And do I need a blow off valve to help govern 5psi max in system.
any help would be appreciated
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:31:26 PM by sid_253 »

Offline sid_253

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 10:29:35 PM »
Have just finished fitting my AMR500 to Rosie. After fabricating brackets and manifold it was a pretty easy install .A few other things needed attention as well- has to relocate my non stock air filter to make room, Also had to wrap extractors to try and keep some heat out of engine bay and clamp pcv hoses as I had on blow off when test driving. The only problems I have left to solve is trying to get the right fittings to remake the air con hoses to clear supercharger as well.
   The AMR500 is not the quietest thing but it boosts up to 4PSI at 4000Rpm and I have gained the mild power increase that was needed. Cruises at 100Kph very well and I no longer have to lay the slipper in to get it there
  Except for the noise very stoked with result

Offline Parkersporti

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 01:12:49 PM »
So been away for a while but does anyone have any specs for the bits needed to fit the amr500?  As I stated earlier haven't heard anyone in the U.K. Doing this so any help would be appreciated so I can finally get it done.
Cheers