Author Topic: ARCHIVE: any interest in urethane mounts for the engine and trans?  (Read 5358 times)

Alaskan Ogre

Re: Rocky/Toyota Swap
« on: August 15, 2010, 08:53:52 PM »
Haven\'t had much time to work on it for the last couple weeks but I did get the rear axle mounted. I don\'t have a good picture of the way I got the pinion angle correct but what I did after I got the leaf springs in was jack up the Rocky under the leafs till it started to lift off the blocks then I took the angle finder and verified that the flat area where the perches bolt to was indeed 0 degrees. Then I took the axle on the floor and propped up the pinion until it was -2 degrees. From there I cut down the perches until I could weld on a 4\" long 1/4\" thick plate at 0 degrees.

I laid out the front axle this morning and it looks much easier than the rear. I\'d like to have it in by the end of the week so I can get the steering and shocks figured out this weekend.

A pic of all the brackets removed from the front.

Full Size Pic: http://computermedicsfranchises.com/images/xj/ROCKY/ROCKY-020.jpg

Rear springs with Toyota under the Rocky. What I decided to do here was move the front spring mount forward 1 inch so that the rear shackle mounts wouldn\'t have to be moved further back (the stock one\'s are already at the very rear of the frame). This would mean that I\'d have to either redrill/punch the springs or just redrill the perch to compensate. I just redrilled the perch.

Full Size Pic: http://computermedicsfranchises.com/images/xj/ROCKY/ROCKY-021.jpg

The new front spring mounts. 3/16\'s plate 6\" long with a 6\" long piece of 1.5\" angle. I may add gussets later.

Full Size Pic: http://computermedicsfranchises.com/images/xj/ROCKY/ROCKY-022.jpg

The new rear shackle mounts. My mig was acting weird back here so the welds didn\'t look pretty so I spread a little body caulk after cleaning them up. I need to remove the gas tank to finish the top edge. The shackles on there now are just to hold it together for now. Once the front is in I\'ll make new ones to correct the height. Personally, I don\'t like the look of long shackles. I\'d rather add height by getting new springs or a body lift.

Full Size Pic: http://computermedicsfranchises.com/images/xj/ROCKY/ROCKY-023.jpg

Offline stariondriver

ARCHIVE: any interest in urethane mounts for the engine and trans?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 10:53:18 PM »
Anyone interested in red urethane 95 durometer mounts to replace those broken or broken soon stock ones?

Offline brushhippie

• Administrator
Re: any onterest in urethane mounts for the engine and trans?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 12:28:35 PM »
I do have a broken engine mount...what do they cost?

Offline mukilteo

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 07:33:22 PM »
what does  any onterest mean ? is that a finnish or estonian word?

Offline naturelover

• Traumhochzeit No. 48 of 51 made. "Wolftanz"
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 08:16:20 AM »
I think it\'s Dutch and denotes the percentual winnings a company earns on lent out money.:pinch: :silly: :lol:
DZH

Offline mukilteo

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 01:56:29 PM »
Vielen dank mein freund!--i thought it was a finno-urgic word (finnnisch-ugrisch auf  deutsch)--

Offline naturelover

• Traumhochzeit No. 48 of 51 made. "Wolftanz"
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 02:27:50 PM »
Hey, hey hey, that was a joke, don\'t go believing me!  :blush:

But I know it\'s not Hungarian, because I speak Hungarian. I don\'t think it\'s Finnish either, but I\'m not sure.

Acutally I think it\'s just a misspelling of the word \"interest\" .:pinch:

Now I ruined it.

But I just had to set the record straight. B)

Danke mein Freund.

Dennis
DZH

Offline stariondriver

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 03:09:02 PM »
Quote from: \"brushhippie\" post=2839103
I do have a broken engine mount...what do they cost?

No set prices yet, waiting on mine to come back. Here are some of the parts they make for other cars. Prices wont be bad

https://scontent-a-vie.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10153004_10202142571114860_1895366429356410168_n.jpg

Offline stariondriver

Re: any interest in urethane mounts for the engine and trans?
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 02:17:23 PM »

Offline lioncubb

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 03:27:19 AM »
So,
How did these mounts turnout and how much did they end up costing you??
To many to list here as the limit is only 300 characters

Offline stariondriver

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 03:58:07 PM »
It was just over 100 bucks for 3 mounts. I am using them right now. The lack of flex gives it a nice feel . Better control and throttle response is crisper. No complaints on vibrations.