Author Topic: ARCHIVE: Oil Pan Gasket Corner Seats  (Read 883 times)

sirswig

ARCHIVE: Oil Pan Gasket Corner Seats
« on: July 30, 2013, 04:24:09 PM »
From what I can tell, there is no such thing as an Oil Pan Gasket. It is 4 seats and the rest is gasket material. can someone confirm on this? In addition, I have checked every single Oil gasket set (from the matching codes on the parts portion) and all of the manufacturers do not have any in stock. I have even talked to some of the places people mentioned in their posts and they don\'t have any left either. The ITM Components one is the only one I found on a website but then I called them and they said the site lied and had none in stock. Can someone please point me in the direction of a website or somewhere I can actually buy one in stock?

Bobcat

Re: Oil Pan Gasket Corner Seats
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:03:03 PM »
There is no gasket set for the sump (oil pan) except for the corners which have a short rubber seal either side of the front and rear main bearing caps
I have bought four engine gasket sets from here in Australia and from England and from memory none of these sets contanied the sections that you require, I will double check this later today and reply again to you.
I used RT V or silastic to seal the sump on three engines with complete success.
Bobcat