Author Topic: My 1989 Red Feroza  (Read 6417 times)

BonE

My 1989 Red Feroza
« on: March 11, 2012, 10:08:21 AM »
Hi All...

I just want to share some pictures of my Red Feroza. Been here for some time now and enjoyed reading your threads..

Got my Feroza around mid 2009 and this is how it looks before..

And decided to restore it around first quarter of 2011..

This is how it looks at the end of 2011..

And just recently, bought my Feroza a new set 30x9.5R15 tires. The tires fit in the stock height Feroza with only slight rubbing on the mud guard. Removing the mud guard fixed the rubbing issue.

Next mod is to get her a 2\" lift to get more clearance between tires and fenders..

Thanks...

Offline one4worldpeace

Re: My 1989 Red Feroza
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 07:47:30 PM »
I love how bald the spare was in 2009... and really like the seats..
The city needs a car like a fish needs a bicycle.

BonE

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 08:04:07 PM »
Quote from: \"one4worldpeace\" post=2831637
I love how bald the spare was in 2009... and really like the seats..

hahaha.. yea, that\'s how we got the Feroza back in 2009. The first owner does not use it anymore so she didn\'t bother to buy new tires for it. But we got the Feroza really cheap. The seat covers are custom made... :)

Offline roza31

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:08:34 AM »
Nice job, looks better than new from the factory and, yes, those seats look fantastic. They probably cost more than my feroza is worth :laugh:

BonE

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 10:39:50 AM »
Quote from: \"roza31\" post=2831647
Nice job, looks better than new from the factory and, yes, those seats look fantastic. They probably cost more than my feroza is worth :laugh:

Thanks.. Those seat covers are not that expensive. I got those made up for around $80. ;)

Offline lioncubb

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 03:24:33 PM »
@BonE,
Nice job there all round, as you said \"Next mod is to get her a 2\" lift to get more clearance between tires and fenders..\" and it will look even better again, don\'t forget to do a front torsion bar crank as well.

The seats give it that personal touch, am looking at doing the same but not in leather, gets to hot here for that type of covering on the seats. And the FEROZA symbol look GR8 too.
To many to list here as the limit is only 300 characters

BonE

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 04:29:46 PM »
Quote from: \"lioncubb\" post=2831656
@BonE,
Nice job there all round, as you said \"Next mod is to get her a 2\" lift to get more clearance between tires and fenders..\" and it will look even better again, don\'t forget to do a front torsion bar crank as well.

The seats give it that personal touch, am looking at doing the same but not in leather, gets to hot here for that type of covering on the seats. And the FEROZA symbol look GR8 too.

Thanks Lioncubb. Yup she will get her 2\" lift in a few days, extended shackles, ball joint spacer and a little cranking on the torsion bar.

Offline lioncubb

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 04:33:42 PM »
Where are you getting the spacers from, really would like to know how well they work, heard a lot of bad and good things about them.
Any chance of post the dimensions of them and what you had them made from, some pictures would be very much appreciated of them before you install them.

Thanks in advance.
To many to list here as the limit is only 300 characters

alaskan ogre

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 05:00:41 PM »
Good lookin ride. Don\'t let anyone tell you how much it\'s worth. They are priceless (to a point).

I\'ll take $9,000 for mine.

BonE

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 05:25:30 PM »
Quote from: \"lioncubb\" post=2831659
Where are you getting the spacers from, really would like to know how well they work, heard a lot of bad and good things about them.
Any chance of post the dimensions of them and what you had them made from, some pictures would be very much appreciated of them before you install them.

Thanks in advance.

They are usually custom made from the machine shop. From what I heard from our group Feroza-PH. Ball Joint spacers will allow you get more height without putting so much tension in the torsion bars . This will ease up the tension on your upper ball joint and will still have a good front suspension play. It can give you 1\" lift without cranking your torsion bar.

Here is a picture of the Ball Joint Spacer (Picture from monmendoza)

Here is a picture of a BallJoint spacer installed (Picture is from monmendoza)

BonE

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 05:48:10 PM »
Quote from: \"alaskan ogre\" post=2831663
Good lookin ride. Don\'t let anyone tell you how much it\'s worth. They are priceless (to a point).

I\'ll take $9,000 for mine.

Thanks alaskan ogre. But your ride is more good looking with all the mods you put in there. B)

GingerRoza

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 04:41:50 AM »
the spacers... do you only apply them on upper A arm.. or also the lower?  when i bought my Roza it look like it was slammed. the tires too are small.. 225... x.x

jupot777

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 09:20:14 PM »
balljoint spacers are put at the upper balljoint. i think 1 1/4 inch thickness will do. it allows more height without sacrificing suspension play at the front. a definite must have for me.