Author Topic: ARCHIVE: Where do I get extended Shackles From For my 93 Feroza  (Read 2220 times)

RED ROZZA

ARCHIVE: Where do I get extended Shackles From For my 93 Feroza
« on: October 14, 2011, 06:42:17 AM »
I want to lift my feroza 2\'\' and wind my torsion bar up to match, But where do i get extended Shackles from please.

Offline charleswisse

Re: Where do i get extended Shackles From For my 93 Feroza
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 06:07:35 AM »
i made my own ones up today they look and work great! i used a piece of steel 75mmx10 and then made the peice of steel 100mm longer than the original shackles. it took about 5 hours all up and all you need is a angle grinder, a drill and some other basic tools eg ratchet and hammers and files. if you jack the back up just under the towbar untill the wheels are almost off the ground and then undo the bolts on the old shackles and remove them.bang out the bolts by putting a socket or somthing under the pressed side and a couple of good taps with a hammer and they come straight out. when making the new ones the you need to put a 7.5mm bend in the bits of steel. the gap between the shackles at the top is 80mm and 65mm at the bottom. it is a mod well worth doing and is pretty easy. if you need any more help just ask and i would be happy to try answer your questions!

RED ROZZA

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 09:04:40 AM »
Thanks for the help charleswisse

I am so hopeless with tools i could never do anything like that, how much would you charge to make me a set, Cheers Aaron.

Offline charleswisse

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 07:31:20 PM »
i would do them for you if i had time but the other problem is the huge cost of shipping them across the ditch, your best option would be to get a local metal working/engineering place for you, if you take off your original shackles they would probabaly even extend them for you.

Offline charleswisse

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 04:33:59 AM »
hey mate did you ever get around to getting a set of shackles made up? just a thought if you ever see any extended shackles for an sj suzuki im pretty sure they fit the feroza as well. keep an eye on ebay

RED ROZZA

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 05:53:41 AM »
yes mate, my girlfriends uncle made me a set out of 10mm thick stainless and welded a plate in between. tad of an over kill but im not complaining.

Offline charleswisse

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 06:06:27 AM »
awesome! you can never have too much over kill with high powered vehicles like ours! can you post some pics up when you get a chance? i would love to see them.

alaskan ogre

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 08:09:17 PM »
Quote from: \"RED ROZZA\" post=2829426
yes mate, my girlfriends uncle made me a set out of 10mm thick stainless and welded a plate in between. tad of an over kill but im not complaining.

Overkill? No such thing B)

Mcguire

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 04:34:19 AM »
If you see this I bet people could benefit from a pic of the longer shackles you made John ( I rocked em & they were great)
Here\'s the only pick I could find of them its a side view but it shows the size difference.
http://www.warfs.org/image-galleries/photo.html?userid=1050&albumid=76#photoid=839