Author Topic: ARCHIVE: Suspension Kit - Type, Brand & Cost Australia  (Read 4660 times)

rokbebop

Re: Suspension Kit - Type, Brand & Cost Australia
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 10:44:44 AM »
I am running Ranchos. Dno if they are those ones in particular however. They are certainly better than the old ones, but I wouldnt say they achieved what I wanted them too, not that thats probably even possible. I have often wondered if the suspension improved on the latter models.

From what I understand unless your a serious off road person and are going to spend lots of time on corrugations you prob want gas shocks. Oil shocks are better for serious off roading I think because they are more resistant to burning out under extreme conditions. They are much harder and dont spring back like gas shocks. The Ranchos I have are oil shocks

I seriously considered a suspension lift at one point but i chickened out because i didnt know if i would actually end up making the suspension harder.

Do not take what I am about to say as gospel because I probably dont know what im on about. Sales people told me one thing and the message boards said all sorts of differant things

The aftermarket torsion springs make the vehicle sit higher. This may mean the sping twists less which may mean less bounce = harder ride.

Also the the heavy duty rear springs may be harder as well. more bow in the spring = harder ride

KadeFoster

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 12:06:56 AM »
Just called Ultimate Suspension in Sydney.  That guy was super helpful, i think the kit will be expensive tho but i think i might go with them.  They custom build the shocks to match what you need.  Also have a lifetime warranty against sag.  Their shocks are also rebuildable which would be handy if one breaks.

The guy (Brandon) I was speaking to told me that back in the day they used to race Feroza\'s off road and did all the big offroad races here in Aust.  Diahatsu also released a Feroza based on them Ultimate Model was only a couple of hundred made or something.  Told me they used to have all the engines turboed and highly modified, got up to 200kph off road.  Hes gonna send me some pics and more info which i will post up here for every one.  Also this guy knew alot about Feroza, i should see if i can get him on the forum some time hehehe

KadeFoster

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 08:52:08 AM »
God i talk alot..

Ok here is the extract from the email i got from the guy at Ultimate Suspension.  All their shocks are made to suit your application, and since they have had alot of experience with Feroza\'s in the past they know what they are talking about.  The kit may be expensive but i am gonna get this system.  Here is the extract:
I have provided a quote below for a suspension upgrade to suit your Feroza. This suspension kit will dramatically improve the comfort and handling with more clearance and flexibility off road.

As discussed, upgrading the Torsion bars on your vehicle will make the biggest difference. A lot of people skip this stage but it is crucial in the suspension design. It will make the vehicle handle a lot better and improve the stability both on and off road. Winding up the Torsion bars is a bad technique as they are are not designed to work in this fashion and the adjuster bolts which wind them up are not designed to hold the amount of stress this produces. They are purely there for adjustment during installation. The height itself should be achieved by the higher spring rate in an aftermarket torsion bar. Winding up the original bars also over stresses them and makes them lose their memory. This means they will eventually sag and will not have the same flexibility as aftermarket springs. The spring rate is higher, but the actually manufacturing process and materials used is completely different. This means you still get a comfortable ride with more flexibility and height. On the rear I would run with our raised height comfort springs which have been modified to suit your application. These will support the weight of the draws and occasional loads without making the ride too rough when it’s empty. Unfortunately we do not have replacement shackles for the Feroza so you will have to re-use the originals or source a pair from Toyota.

I than recommend we match these springs with our Aussie Ryder Twin Tube Gas Shocks. These shock absorbers are valved to match the spring rate exactly and provide exceptional dampening control through all conditions. They are also completely rebuildable which means we can easily service them or adjust the valving if required. The Twin Tube Gas Shocks are fantastic for general use and touring as the outer tube helps protect the piston from stone damage and can hold a greater volume of oil. The high quality oil we use is one of the fundamental parts of the shock as it has a higher viscosity rating and can work efficiently through a higher heat range.

Daihatsu Feroza Suspension Upgrade
Aussie Ryder Twin Tube Gas Shocks-      2 x $135                =$270
Ultimate Sway-A-Way Torsion Bars-        1 x $449                =$449
Aussie Ryder Twin Tube Gas Shocks-      2 x $135                =$270
Ultimate Raised Height Leaf Springs-       2 x $268                =$536
High Tensile U/Bolts-                                      4 x $18.50            =$74
Polyurethane bush Kit-                                 1 x $95                  =$95
                                                                                Total-                    =$1694 + $120 Freight to Mount Isa
                                                                                                                =$1814

I hope this is helpful to some one.. i will post about the shocks once i get them, and get them installed... may be a little while but i won\'t forget.

Offline Rusty

Re: ARCHIVE: Suspension Kit - Type, Brand & Cost Australia
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 05:08:45 AM »
i just installed EFS 50mm lift in the front of my F75, with the matching EFS enforcer shocks. I bought the gear direct from Carroll springs who build the springs in Brisbane and they source the shocks from Mexico. EFS is their brand... The prices were about 15% cheaper than ebay sellers...so far Im happy with them but its only been one day lol. Ill post back in a month or so.  strangely I dont need to lift the rear much, with whatever springs are in there, shes sitting pretty level right now.
The guys there were great to deal with and even cut and welded some extensions on my sway bar hangers so they gave better spring clearance...for free!

Offline utherjorge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 04:31:03 AM »
The EFS brand shocks are made in Mexico?

Offline Rusty

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2018, 05:04:13 AM »
yes, made in Mexico

Offline utherjorge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2018, 06:47:45 AM »
Too bad I can't get for reasonable in the US

Offline Gonzo_Descente

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2018, 08:57:18 AM »
If FleaBay won't show any at a reasonable price, then have you checked Amazon?  or maybe Craigslist?

Offline utherjorge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2018, 04:29:02 PM »
None of those, but I'm hoping I can sort out the engine concerns, and then I will worry about axles next year.