Author Topic: ARCHIVE: Idler Arm Bushing Kits are IN...finally  (Read 1235 times)

Offline YoAdrianne

• Daihatsu Rocky Parts Northwest
ARCHIVE: Idler Arm Bushing Kits are IN...finally
« on: April 21, 2011, 09:02:13 PM »
The long awaited idler arm bushing are now in stock.  Email daihatsurockypartsnorthwest@centurylink.net and reserve yours today.  $35 and that includes 2-3 day shipping priority mail.

[attachment=684]bushingsidlerarm.png[/attachment]
Anderson Island, WA

jeff56chevy@centurylink.net

mad-geff

Re: Idler Arm Bushing Kits are IN...finally
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:44:20 PM »
$20 + $5.50 post to the USA that\'s from Australia

Offline YoAdrianne

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 11:01:15 PM »
You guys in Australia have it made for Daihatsu parts.  That\'s a good price, but the last one I got, took almost 30 days to get from Queensland. I can have them on any US doorstep in 2-3 days following payment. I would rather pay the $10 extra and have it installed by Monday.
Anderson Island, WA

Offline roza31

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 05:58:04 AM »
We\'re lucky with some parts here but, having looked around US Ebay, the US guys have quite a few accessories that we don\'t and the accessories that we both have are often cheaper in the US. For example I found a dash matt for half the price it is on AUS Ebay (was about to order 1 but then remembered you guys are left hand drive not right :angry: ) UK is probably the best, they have a wide range of parts and accessories and all at reasonable prices. Outlets like Milners carry a good range of new parts. Even the UK Sportraks (Rocky/Feroza) sell for at least 1/2 even close to 1/4 of what we\'d pay for a similar 1 in AUS. I\'m guessing that there were more sold in the UK than Aus and by the sounds of things it may even be possible that more were sold in Aus than the US(?). I see a lot around where I live and when they did the recall last year the dealer told me that Toyota supplied them with enough parts for 50 vehicles but they had to order more as they used all 50 in the first few weeks. That was just 1 Toyota distributor/repairer, there are others in the area too.

Picone

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 03:40:07 PM »
hey i saw this post and was wondering what advantage there is to the bushing kit and what it will do for my fezzy also i know im in need of a new idler arm any idea where i could get one?

Offline YoAdrianne

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 04:24:50 PM »
The Idler arm has two bushing in it that take up the space between the frame mounted piece and the rotating part of the idler arm.  These get sloppy with age and causes freeplay in the front steering components.  You can either get a used idler arm in whick case you don\'t know the exact condition of the bushings or get a rebuild kit and replace the two bushings thus knowing that they are tight and new. Unless you have buggered up threads on the draglink connection, and that part is loose, there is no reason to get a used idler arm and take your chances.  

[attachment=707]idlerarmbushings.png[/attachment]
[attachment=708]bushingsidlerarm.png[/attachment]
Anderson Island, WA