Author Topic: Looking for a new Banner Image  (Read 5236 times)

JamBerryKing

Re: Looking for a new Banner Image
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 10:10:38 AM »
I really like the look of that banner rokbebop!

I prefered the one where the \"rocky feroza sportrak\" text was a little messed up, so it\'d match the background a bit better?

I dont know it just caught my eye. :)

Offline brushhippie

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 12:06:10 PM »
Both are cool, like the last one with the stars and the stacked script best! Great job Rok!!

alaskan ogre

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 04:47:16 PM »
I like the last one also. Email it to me and we\'ll try it.

rokbebop

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 10:11:17 PM »
You should be able to download it off the photobucket page. Im not sure if it would have been resised by their system

If you want to stick it up there thats fine, but im not quite finnished with it yet.

Also i was considering doing one thats a bit simpler. I do like that final one though

rokbebop

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 11:34:07 PM »
HA ha that was quick!

Can you drop the seach field thing down a bit lower or into the menu field?

Cheers

alaskan ogre

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 01:21:12 AM »
Quote from: \"rokbebop\" post=2825479
HA ha that was quick!

Can you drop the seach field thing down a bit lower or into the menu field?

Cheers

I think I can pull it out of there completely and just add a link to it. Don\'t have time tonight though.

I believe there is a way to rotate the logo on top every few days using a script so if you come up with more than one we can try it. Maybe even a few themed one\'s like for Christmas, New Years, etc.

rokbebop

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 01:31:09 AM »
I think the search thing should probably and be accesable at all times. However cahnge it by all means if you think it will look better

We could rotate through a few different banners, maybe different coloured cars there or something. I have it set up so i can alter those things in a matter of secconds

rokbebop

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 09:38:45 AM »
Um does anyone think that the size of the banner should be reduced?

im looking at it on a 15 inch monitor right now and its made the page have a scroll bar on the bottom. This is annoying i think that it should be made to work on a 15 inch monitor at least

rokbebop

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 10:22:32 AM »
So i have reduced it in size. I am listening to peoples sugestions.

neen

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 05:20:38 PM »
Eh, it isn\'t doing it for me.  Looks a little like a 1986 pontiac commercial.  Perhaps its the lower resolution clashing with the rest of the site or maybe it\'s the magenta on true blue...

But I\'m the minority so I\'m down with whatever.

alaskan ogre

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 06:13:38 PM »
Quote from: \"rokbebop\" post=2825483
So i have reduced it in size. I am listening to peoples sugestions.

This one actually ends up being taller once I widen it to 1120 at 171. The one used now is 1120 x 149.

rokbebop

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 11:01:02 PM »
good some critisism. This is just a first attempt and was never meant to be final. I can work very fast on these programs because i use them for money I basically took some elements threw them together and came up with this.

I LIKE CRITISISM!!! If you think it looks crap, tell me, or do better yourself!

actually it looks like that because i took those line images out of the manual and dropped the colour in behind them.

Doing this makes it look retro because up till the early nineties this was a method very commonly used in printing. Printing back then was a trade that required someone to panstakinly set up colour seperations using a photographic process. This is a trade that no longer exists because  its all done digitally now. Seperations where made by hand and it was a painstaking process. Commonly they would get an artist to make a line drawing then colour would be dropped in behind it.

To me it looks like an ad from an old comic or something and does so deliberately because thats the path that creating those vehicle images lead me. the CMYK look is me hamming up the dated retro look. i also hadnt been bothered finding the right colours and did intend cahnging them.

Offline SouthwestVa

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 11:09:20 PM »
I am with Neen and don\'t like the feel of the new banner but that is just my preference. I like the text and the logo being there but think that the realistic look was better with the grill/winch banner. Maybe take the current text/emblems and place them over an actual pic? I know that Rokbebop can really work magic on this stuff and can have the emblems looking realistic which would be really cool over a pic like the grill one that was up there before.

Just opinions I am throwing out there as food for thought.....some people like blonds and some like brunettes.....
Jamie

1990 Rocky SE
Factory Limited Slip Rear
Modified intake
2 1/4 full exhaust
2\" body lift
31x10.5x15 Guard Dog MT\'s

neen

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 03:32:01 PM »
But nobody really likes redheads...

I get the retro look but I think it cheapens the site as a whole.  It would be rediculously cool as a poster or calander though!  Perhaps a montage of the images that set the F300 apart from other mini SUVs.  3/4 shot of fender flared goodness + a profile pic of open top cruising + offroad adventure pic + straight on grill shot + whatever all aligned side by side and slightly desaturated to get a good contrast on the warfs title?

I might be able to photoshop something together this afternoon if I get time.  But I say let the majoruty decide.  We can get a few ideas on the wall and then do a poll.

Can we do polls?

DaiRockyRed

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 05:39:20 PM »
I say leave it or clean it up a tad.  Im with the older look myself.  It looks like some one spent time on doing this up, with a simple picture it does not scream, this site is not cheap. Keep this image up for awhile I like seeing the red one on the right, exactly like mine lol