Author Topic: How to post Pictures  (Read 5391 times)

alaskan ogre

How to post Pictures
« on: February 11, 2011, 04:37:21 PM »
There are 2 ways to post pictures in the forum.

UPLOAD DIRECTLY FROM YOUR COMPUTER

1) Begin your post as you usually do.

2) Down below the area where you type click on the \"Add File\" button. This will pop open a window where you can select the picture you want to upload. Highlight the picture you want to upload then click \"Open\". You\'ll see the box fill in with something that\'ll say \"fakepath\".

3) Now place your cursor where you want the picture to be placed in your post then click the \"Insert\" button. You\'ll now see a line similar to this:

Code: [Select]
[attachment:1]C:\\fakepath\\brake_shims.gif[/attachment]

4) Repeat the steps to add more images, once complete hit \"Submit\" as usual. The forum will automatically upload your pictures and display them in your post.

DISPLAY A PICTURE HOSTED ELSEWHERE (IE PHOTOBUCKET, PICASA, OR EVEN THE WARFS ALBUMS)

1) Click on the \"Image Link\" icon in the menu above which looks like this
[attachment=247]add-pic.jpg[/attachment]

2) Don\'t worry about putting anything in the \"Size\" box unless the picture is huge, then you could enter the numbers 600 or 800. This will resize the largest dimension of the picture to that size. For example, if you have a picture that\'s 1024 x 768 in size it will be displayed in the forum as an 800 x 600 picture.

3) In the \"URL\" box enter the text you got from your image host which should be something like this:
Code: [Select]
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_6woDX9SFF4A/TPVJBtcnliI/AAAAAAAAEJs/WPDUqtveDY0/s800/ROCKY-047.jpg

4) Place your cursor in the \"Message\" window where you want the picture to be displayed then click the \"Insert\" button.

Any questions please ask.

Offline tramguage1

• Global Moderator
Re: How to post Pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 03:25:53 PM »
Ok after you select insert,do you click add file on attachment box #2 #3 and so on?
1990 ROCKY
2004 Chevy 4.3, 1993 4L60E trans,
1980 Toyota transfer case, front and rear axles
Lockers front and rear.

alaskan ogre

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 04:18:15 PM »
Quote from: \"tramguage1\" post=2824919
Ok after you select insert,do you click add file on attachment box #2 #3 and so on?

Exactly

Offline tramguage1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 05:23:10 PM »
Thanks that\'s about the only thing I haven\'t tried.
1990 ROCKY
2004 Chevy 4.3, 1993 4L60E trans,
1980 Toyota transfer case, front and rear axles
Lockers front and rear.

sirswig

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 12:57:46 AM »
I posted 6 pictures on the \"What have you done to your Rocky today\" 2 times in a row and it said it was complete both times and then nothing ever happened. Is there some sort of approval process for pictures?

alaskan ogre

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 01:18:11 AM »
The upload/conversion process probably just \"timed out\". Try making 2 posts with 3 pictures each or reduce the size in mb before uploading. There is no approval process.

Mattyboy

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 11:45:41 AM »
How come some peoples photos upload bigger than other peoples??

tbenton

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 12:11:09 PM »
I wanted to upload .jpg image to a post so that the members could see the part I described but when I opened the file nothing happened in the attachment box that should have shown as you described. I tried it several times and cannot get the image to upload. I upload images all the time to different forums so not sure what is wrong. Its not a large file ...102kb. What am I doing wrong?

I just shrunk the image considerably but when I hit open nothing happens.

Thanks

alaskan ogre

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 03:04:26 PM »
Testing it from here.

Click \"Add File\"
Browse to the file you want to upload, highlight it then click \"Open\"
You will see the filename listed beside the line \"1
Click on \"Insert\"
Add whatever text you want to the post
Click \"Submit\"
Can you specify exactly which step you\'re having an issue with?
[attachment=3931]2013-09-2816.02.45.jpg[/attachment]

tbenton

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 03:44:14 PM »
When I get to the file I want and I click  \'open\' nothing happens. I do this all the time so its bugging me. I even saved it again as a .jpg just to make sure but cannot open therefore cannot insert. I tried some other .jpgs I have just for the heck of it and same thing happens. I went to another forum I use and can attach files and it uses the  same method WARFS does.

Can I copy/paste an image into a post on WARFS?

Thanks

alaskan ogre

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 05:46:45 PM »
Quote from: \"tbenton\" post=2837823
When I get to the file I want and I click  \'open\' nothing happens. I do this all the time so its bugging me. I even saved it again as a .jpg just to make sure but cannot open therefore cannot insert. I tried some other .jpgs I have just for the heck of it and same thing happens. I went to another forum I use and can attach files and it uses the  same method WARFS does.

Can I copy/paste an image into a post on WARFS?

Thanks

I understand your frustration but nothing has changed here and nobody else that I know of is having an issue. I suggest trying another Web Browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Opera but it may also be a global setting within your os that is causing the issue.

tbenton

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 11:54:04 AM »
I use Firefox and was able to upload that same image to Facebook, A Delphi forum and a Mazda forum but took your advice and tried on WARFS with Chrome and it uploaded. Can\'t explain it but its done now.
Thanks again

Offline espion86

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 08:04:02 AM »
I had the same thing, tried with Chrome and worked a treat :)